Axis Gallery Membership Application Guidelines
Axis Gallery is an artist run space located at 625 S Street in Sacramento housed in the Verge Center for the Arts Building. The gallery is 1800 square feet divided into a main gallery space and an East Room member’s gallery, which includes a flat file. This cooperative has been in operation for over 35 years building a reputation for exhibiting challenging contemporary work in all media. Members are emerging and established artists who show regionally, nationally, and internationally. The Gallery provides artist living in the Sacramento region with an opportunity to be a part of an alternative exhibition space. By creating an environment which functions outside the usual commercial sphere, members are free to explore, create, and develop works that are not contingent upon sales. We are dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in our selection and presentation of works of art. The artist members are equal partners and support the gallery through sales of artwork, contribution of labor and monthly dues.
- Every 18 months – 2 years members will have an opportunity to have a solo show in the main gallery
- Every 12-18 months a two-person exhibition with another member in the East gallery.
- Members have opportunities to network with each other.
- Opportunities may be available to exhibit with axis members at other venues.
- Members have equal votes in gallery operations
- Marketing and Publicity for show is handled by the gallery. All members are featured on the gallery website (axisgallery.org).
- Use of the flat files to store and sell artworks
- An e-commerce platform (new!)
- pay monthly dues
- sit the gallery approximately 12 times a year.
- are expected to commit to at least a one year membership
- are expected to attend monthly meetings
- contribute to gallery operations
- A letter of interest/artist or curator’s statement which states what applicant would contribute to the gallery
- A CV or Resume of art-related professional practices
- A portfolio of 10-15 artworks and or 5 curated project samples
- A detail list of works
- A link to a website
- Click HERE to submit your application
New member applications will be open from July 15th – August 1st at 11:59 pm PST, announcements will be made in the week of August 17th-21st.